Friday, November 7, 2008

Home Alone & Cooking for One!

I'm home alone! I haven't been home alone in my new home, yet, and I hadn't been home alone in my previous home for quite some time. I can't order out and there aren't any leftovers, so a fried egg sandwich sounds wonderful for dinner. A little bit of mustard to add some kick to the sandwich and a cup of Chai tea to keep warm on this snowy blowing day. I think I'll get started on some reading with my pile of StAR magazines, too.

What else am I going to do with my weekend? Well, there are all the adult things that need to be done - updating the checkbooks, washing the laminate floors (the thought of them staying clean for a couple days is very appealing), cleaning my desk and laundry. I'll probably do a few of those, but I'm also going to read a book, organize a closet (I really like to organize), hang a picture, possibly sew some curtains, and maybe hang a picture.

2 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Hope your weekend was great!! HOme alone in our own homes is a precious commodity, isn't it?

Tom is taking the kiddos to Wisconsin Dells Thanksgiving Friday for the weekend, leaving little ANgela with me. I am SO looking forward to it.

The first thing I am going to do is clean the whole house!! (I'm like you, aren't I?) I just want the whole house to stay clean for 3 whole days and not have to worry about it!! 3 days of her napping for 2 hours, 2 hours per day, what will I do? Sew, read, enjoy the quiet!! It will also be so easy going places with only her...

Hope your home alone weekend was great!!

Suzie L. said...

Yes, the weekend was very productive for me. I cleaned a lot - there certain cleaning jobs that need to be done in a new house (wiping down the woodwork & getting the rest of the fine dust out of corners). It felt good.

Hope your weekend is as productive, Jamie! Enjoy it - we have amazing husbands.