Monday, November 15, 2010

St. Lucy’s Eyes

 

The credit goes to my good friend, Sarah G., on this recipe.  I couldn’t get enough of them at our All Saint’s Day Party!  So, in her words, here is the recipe … one you should try, in my opinion. 

ST. LUCY’S EYES

Yield: 4 dozen

Ingredients:

5 oz sliced olives (I used green)

1 pkg cream cheese (go crazy and use full fat! :)

16 slices deli roast beef ( I used roast beef salami)

8 (6-7 in.) flour tortillas

 

Directions:

Mix cream cheese with olives and spread on a tortilla. Top with 2 beef slices, overlapping slightly. Roll up tortillas, jelly-roll fashion. Trim off ends and slice each tortilla roll into 6 (3/4 in) slices. Lay them down and add a bit of cream cheese to the top for the whites of the eyes and add an olive with pimento to the top. Easy and yummy!! The kids made these all by themselves.

No comments: