Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Peanut Butter Blossoms



Last week, Angelina and I mixed up a quick batch of Peanut Butter Blossoms.  I use my smallest cookie scoop (it's about 1 Tbls. in size) to scoop the batter onto a plate. 



Angelina rolled the scoops into balls and then rolled them in sugar and placed them on cookie sheets.  Using my large Doughmakers cookie sheets, it only takes two trips to the oven to get about 3.5 dozen cookies (if I'd have used convection, it would have been one step baking for a single batch!).  I prefer Hershey's kisses for the chocolate top; the kisses are placed right after taking the cookies out of the oven.



After cooling completely, the Peanut Butter Blossom cookies are stored between layers of waxed paper in the freezer.  I have a small collection of Christmas tins, but they are still in storage ... so, these cookies will be frozen in Tupperware containers.  They can be stored at room temp. for 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months.

Holiday Goodies still on the list:
  • Divinity
  • Cashew Brittle
  • Pizzelles
  • Turtle Cookies
  • Suzie's Favorite Sugar Cookies
  • Creme de Menthe Brownies
  • Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies
  • Jam Thumbprints
  • New This Year (my experimental recipe): Chocolate Caramel Thumbprints
 Note:  I keep a master list of what I've frozen.  However, I try NOT to remember all the goodies going into the freezer until it's really time for them to be used!

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

Those look delicious! You are sooo organized! Good job!