Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quiche Supper

I’ve become a fan of quiche.  I wouldn’t have said that a year ago, because I hadn’t even made a quiche before Easter 2009.  However, it’s a great way to use up bits of meat, veggies, and cheese … and it’s quick!
018 (2)
Quick Quiche
Yield: 6-8 servings
Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, 1/2 & 1/2 or milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetables, cooked
  • 3/4 cup diced meat – ham, chicken, shrimp, etc.
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese – cheddar, swiss, colby, etc.  (swiss is my favorite)
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • Other extras: chopped green onion, chopped chives, chopped parsley, dash of nutmeg
Directions:  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray or butter a 9” pie dish.  Beat the eggs and mix in the cream.  Add the vegetables, meat and cheese.  Mix thoroughly.  Add seasoning.  Pour mixture into the pie dish. 
 017 (2)
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until just set in the center. **I needed to bake my quiche for 20 minutes longer.  Be prepared for that!**  Let set 10 minutes before serving.
019 (2)
Note:  I usually bake pies/quiche, and anything I ‘think’ might boil over, on a large pizza pan.  Save me from having to put up with a burnt smell until I have time to thoroughly clean the oven.

No comments: