Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cookies!!

I've been perusing my cookie magazines, too! The favorite recipes are marked with sticky notes and, of course, drips and dribbles of extract or batter. Some of my magazines are saved from the years before I was married, so they've been around for a while.


So far, I've made one batch of Divinity (yes, I'll be making more), but am trying to decide which other 'staples' I should bake or make for our upcoming celebrations. For sure, I will make another favorite - Cashew Brittle. Sorry, Peanut Brittle just isn't good enough anymore!


At our church's Christmas celebration this past weekend, I purchased some Chocolate Almond Bark prepared with chopped pecans mixed into it. It was VERY good, so I'd like to try to replicate that, too.



My favorite Christmas Cookies or Candies or Goodies are:

1. Divinity
2. Cashew Brittle
3. Frosted Sugar Cookies
4. Creme de Menthe Brownies
5. Turtles
6. Cheesecake (almost any variety!)
7. Pecan Shortbread Cookies (this is a relatively new favorite, so it may move up the list if I find a good recipe)

P.S. This is not a finite list!

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

Oh, gosh, I should take a picture of all my Christmas magazines and recipes too!! I even bought a couple more this year! (like I needed them or something) I did get a few new ideas, like making a St Nicholas out of a star shape!

Oh, I do wish we lived closer!
you should open your blog up, I will link you on my blog. People would love it!