Monday, December 15, 2008

Simple Gifts & Birthday Memories

  • Grandpa teaching his 5 yo grandchild to tie his/her laced shoes - what a great gift.
  • Having my mom organize my china cabinets - some of the items haven't been seen since we lived in NE (and that was 10 years ago). I am enjoying the view.

  • Grape flavored frosting for the writing on my birthday cake . . . no further comment needed.

  • A snow day/blizzard on the day before my birthday! I absolutely cherish snow days and winter scenes, especially when I don't have to go out in the minus degree weather with even lower wind chills.

  • A dozen roses from my hubby; they are beautiful. Roses are my favorite flower.


  • The home-made and hand-picked cards from my kids.

  • Sharing a birthday with my brother! He was the best present I got on my 5th Birthday. I remember getting the call from my dad, and I was extremely happy that night.

  • Sending the kids over to my in-laws for a sleepover = dinner at home with my husband . . . JUST THE TWO OF US!
I did receive other gifts (a sewing machine, a Magic Bullet, pedestal candle, jewelry) for my birthday, but I mentioned these because they made me happy, were memorable, and they were heartfelt. I am loved!!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Happy Birthday!!

We taught our class 3 tonight and we missed going out to Labby's with you guys :(

I never heard of the Magic Bullet but I just googled it - pretty neat. Have fun!!

Suzie L. said...

We miss the co-teaching, too! We need to get our sessions set up . . . We should just plan to have one big get-together (ie. picnic??) during the summer so we can visit & celebrate.

Yes, the Magic Bullet is cool. I've just always used my blender & thought that I don't need an extra appliance. But, when I visited my sister, I used hers every day. It was so convenient for single servings & it washes up much easier than the larger blender.

Jamie Jo said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Boy, skip a couple days and I miss your birthday!! What day is it on? You are older than me, right? :)

I love you and pray for God's blessings on you!!!!

Sarah's birthday is today (the 18th) so I'm off to call her!

She's young though.