Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Aunt Krista's Taco Hotdish

Couple reasons for making this today ... (1) I expected leftovers from last night - there were not enough to feed me & the kids and (2) I have lettuce that needs to be used asap. My Aunt made this for my cousin's graduation (she said it's his favorite hotdish) and everyone in the family enjoyed it. WARNING: This hotdish doesn't keep well. With that fact in mind, I'm only going to make a half batch in an 8"x8" pan for dinner.


Aunt Krista’s Taco Hotdish
Yields: 10-12 servings

1 bag Taco Chips (Doritos)
2 lb. browned hamburger
1 32oz. jar Ragu or other spaghetti sauce
Shredded lettuce (1 bag for 13x9 pan)
3-4 medium tomatoes, sliced
2-4 cups cheese (mozzarella or cheddar or a mix)
Sour Cream

Preheat oven to 350. Spray bottom of 13x9 pan. Crush the bag of chips and layer on bottom of pan. Spread hamburger over the chips. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the meat. Layer on the following: shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and cheese.



Heat in oven until cheese is melted and dish is heated through, about 15-20 minutes. Top each portion with sour cream.


Optional: The kids and I think black olives would be a great addition to the layers

No comments: