The Rueben Sandwich
Yield: 1 serving
2 slices Rye bread*
3 thin slices corned beef (this varies with the cut and thickness of corned beef)
1 slice swiss cheese
1/4 cup sauerkraut
1-2 Tbl. Thousand Island dressing
1. On a small plate, melt the swiss cheese over the sliced corned beef in the microwave (about 25 seconds). While this is melting in the microwave, toast two slices of Rye bread in the toaster. I choose not to butter my bread, but you can if you prefer.
2. Slide the corned beef and melted cheese onto one slice of toasted Rye Bread.
3. Spread the sauerkraut over the top of the melted cheese.
4. Spread the Thousand Island dressing over top of the sauerkraut.
5. Cover with the second slice of toasted Rye bread, slice your sandwich and ENJOY!
*I prefer the dark Rye bread, but that wasn't available at the store where I shopped last week. So, I settled for the light. Still had good flavor, but the dark adds more in my opinion.